Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Maya Angelou: In The Beginning

(These poems (recently discovered by Froynlaven) are believed to be among Maya Angelou's earliest attempts at verse. Enjoy, weep, be.)

THE ROAD

Weeping mournfully I uttered nothing
Lips pursed in quiet silence trickled
The man in the hat
The man in the hat
Greeting muted passings on the long long road
Meaning
Meaning
Running clippingly as fresh baked yams mocked gleefully
Meaning
Meaning
Strong were the words of solitude
Anger at their mention
Hatred like a doo doo.
Meaning
Meaning



INTO NOTHING

Corn knows no other way
It cannot grab with fleshy paws
It cannot sing the song of the perennial
Corn knows no other way
Corn knows no other
Corn knows no
Corn knows
Corn
Cor
Co
C
Doo doo


HELVECTOR ENVONSO

June bug, crackerteeth and crow
Why?
He devised his own
Out of his own
June bug!
The long shadows weeping iridescent globules while their own voices shattered and rambled but un-noisily, un-willingly, un-applogetically, un-to and un-der the OTHERS who themselves sat lazily and doo doo.

h/t: Froynlaven

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This proves beyond any reasonable doubt that Maya Angelou is a plagiarist, since I wrote similar poems involving "doo-doo" back when I was in the third grade. I called the collected works "The Doo-Doo Verses" and I received considerable acclaim, as well as a week's worth of detention.

Thief!

Yours truly,

Barry (I Write The Songs -- All of Them!) Manilow

Steve Burri said...

I doo doo, therefore, I am.

 
HumorLinks