Thursday, March 4, 2010

McDonald's Offers Greek Islands with Happy Meal

OAK BROOK, IL - Taking advantage of financial turmoil in Greece, McDonald's has announced that, for a limited time only, they will be giving away a Greek island with every Happy Meal purchased. Corporate officials announced that customers throughout the United States could find themselves owners of one or more of over 2,000 Greek islands and islets, including volcanic mountaintops. Mrs. Sharon Hutlichen of Dover, Delaware opened her daughter's Happy Meal and found, along with nuggets, fries and a cheap plastic toy, the deed to the island of Milos, a part of the Cyclades in the Aegean Sea. "At first, we were excited," said Mrs. Hutlichen. "But then, my husband wanted to know if we'd be responsible for the island's water, power, and gas. That's how he thinks. I thought it would be a nice place to vacation, but then I heard you can't drive to Milos, so now I don't know." Other island-owners were more practical. Bill Ficoli of Wedge, Massachusetts now possesses Kasos in the Dodecanese chain near Turkey. "I'm gonna be king of Kasos. People will have to bring me fruit and girls and silver hats or I'll kick 'em off the island, just like Survivor only no voting. And if I catch anyone getting weird with the goats, they're gone too."

No comments:

 
HumorLinks