Thursday, December 24, 2009

Olympic Torch Burns Down Diner

ST. THOMAS, CANADA - While stopping to use a diner restroom, a runner carrying the Olympic Torch accidentally ignited a grease trap, resulting in a blaze that destroyed the Cup and Saucer Coffee Shop. Said a witness, "Some of the cooks wanted their picture taken with the torch, so the runner went into the kitchen but slipped on a pool of mop water. The torch hit the grease and the coffee shop burned blacker than their toast." En route to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics, runners carrying the torch have accidentally destroyed four business structures and a petting zoo. "I blame restroom breaks," said a runner who asked not to be named. "It's really tough to do your business holding a big bloody torch. Try it some time." (Photo:

1 comment:

Greaseman said...

I dont see how a grease trap could be the source of the ignition of the fire. A grease trap is usually wet due to the water passing thru it. A grease trap does contain grease but the trap would not ignite unless the whole restaurant had been on fire for several minutes before hand.